Some pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How are you Creating your way to Success - Emily from Domestic Deadline

·Welcome my weekly post about how different people are Creating their way to Success.
My aim in this weekly feature is to :
• Provide an interesting insight into other people’s journeys towards their own personal success
• Help contributors to this post by encouraging them to advertise their own blog, website or shop / market within their post.
• Share motivation and encouragement with as many people as possible who are looking to use their creativeness to work towards their own goal of success.
This week's guest is Emily from Domestic Deadline:



I was so excited when Jill asked me to do a guest interview! I'm Emily from Domestic Deadline my little piece of blogland where I share the crafts that keep me from house keeping.  I have followed several blogs for quite a while and I knew it was time to start a blog when I was mentally writing blog posts whenever I made something!  I'm a stay-at-home mom to 2 amazing young girls and an extremely active little boy.  My husband is a chemist and triathlete.
What do you create?  I love to sew, crochet, knit, scrapbook, paint and bake.  I make clothes, jewelry, toys, home decor and cakes.  If it's a craft, I'll try it!  My favorite thing to do is upcycle, take something old and make something new out of it, especially clothes.  To date, this would be my favorite upcycled project, turning a men's dress shirt into a super comfy, worn at least once a week dress:
Since one day I will go back to the working world, I try to make myself organize at least one space a week like this:
 
Why do you create?  It's just how my brain works.  If I'm not crafting, crafting with the kids or sleeping, I'm probably thinking about what I can make next time.  One year for my birthday my husband said he wanted to get me golf lessons.  My response:  "Do you seriously want me to take up ANOTHER hobby?"  He's never suggested golf lessons again.
Do you sell your creations?  Sometimes!  I do have an Etsy shop Harper N Co but I keep trying new things and don't get around to putting much into it.  I used to sell my jewelry at craft shows and I still do one local one before Christmas every year, but I'm just not into trying to do lots of them and keeping a large inventory.  I am hoping to add more to the shop over the summer and I am working on designing some patterns that I hope to sell also.
What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?  We all make mistakes, we're only human but we have to remember to learn from our mistakes in crafts and in life!
What, to you is success?  Sappy as it sounds, a happy family is success.  Being happy and grateful for what we have and teaching my children the importance of faith and family.
So what's next?  More crafts!  And hopefully getting my house in a bit of better shape along the way, of course that isn't nearly as much fun as crafts.  I'd love for you to join me!




Peace be with you,


Thank you Emily! Some fantastic answers there! I love Emily's blog - and she has some amazing ideas  there - lots of her upcycling is linked up on the clothes upcycling page here too (thanks Emily!!), so do go and check it out!!

Thanks for stopping by, and remember if you would like to be featured  with your take on success and what you are creating, then leave me a comment, or email me and I'll get back to you with all the details!

And don't forget to come back later today to see what clothes I've upcycled today! This is the last week, and I'm almost through my stash!!
I'll be linking this post to many of the linky parties whose pretty buttons are on the bottom of this page:


2 comments:

  1. What a treat to meet Emily! I enjoyed my visit!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails